- I saw a grown woman put her head under the faucet in the airport bathroom to get a drink. Gross.
- Dinner on my flight was a cold chicken salad with feta, strawberries and walnuts. It was really delicious. Best airplane food I’ve ever had.
- I was not able to fall asleep on my flight. I ended up sleeping 16 of the first 24 hours after I arrived.
- Peter was about 10 minutes late to pick me up from the airport because he had stopped at a bakery to get me a croissant. I cried upon seeing him and the croissant.
- Our apartment is very nice (although anything looks nice coming from eastgate). Peter had things very clean and orderly. No surprise there.
- Bread and cheese have been a part of every meal I’ve had since I’ve been here.
- I asked Peter if he’s been enjoying living as a bachelor. He responded, “No. Cooking and cleaning take too much time.” Then I asked him how many times he’d cleaned the bathroom. “None, the cleaning lady does that.”
- Yesterday we walked to France to Peter’s new favorite french bakery. Among other things we got a lemon macaroon (which I think are over-hyped, stupid looking, trendy cookies). It was the best macaroon I’ve ever had.