I wrote this several weeks ago, but didn’t want to post it until we were ready to leave. Since then we’ve had a hiccup in the plan, but the hiccup deserves a post of its own.
- We will live in a one-bedroom apartment about a 15 minute walk from Peter’s new office, and right around the corner from a little cafe. While Peter is at work, I’ll be brunching on fresh bread and cheese.
- No, we won’t have a car. Since I’ll be doing lots of walking, I bought a pedometer. I thought it would be really fun to keep track of how many miles I walked after six months of being car-less. Should be interesting.
- This will be the best six-month vaycay (for me, anyway) ever.
- Our apartment is a few blocks from the Rhine River, and about two miles from France and Germany.
- When we return to Boston in August, Peter will have one year of school left.
- Basel is in the German speaking part of Switzerland. We will both attempt to learn a few phrases in German, and hope to find some sort of German class.
- There is a ward in Basel (German speaking), and it’s a five minute walk from our apartment.
- Brown sugar and Crisco are not available in Switzerland. I will bring a six month supply.
- I will not be able to use my smart phone in Switzerland. I can’t even imagine this.
- Come visit!