First of all, how awesome is it that Emily Maynard will be the next Bachelorette?! I’m thrilled by this news. She’s obviously hot enough, but does she have enough personality to carry a whole season? Time will tell.
- Emily’s bridge climb was so stupid. Come on ABC, we’ve seen this. Overall she seemed sort of vanilla and there was no chemistry. He seemed bored.
- Brittney leaving? Really? She didn’t even give it a shot. Her grandma is going to be ticked.
- Lindzi is too giddy.
- Matthew Nathanson’s song Faster is my new fav.
- Courtney is completely ridiculous. I hope they keep her around to stir things up for a while.
- I’m not sure why the girls felt like it was ok to be so mean to Shawntel. It was so rude! I was particularly disturbed by Courtney and Elyse.
- Of course Jaclyn left. I’m sure no one was surprised.
- Poor Shawntel. I always liked her. I was annoyed that Ben didn’t think it was “fair”. Um…since when is anything on The Bachelor fair? And why would it need to be? This isn’t a game show, but I’m not sure Ben knows that. It seemed like a real slap in the face since he had a rose to give her and he sent her home instead. Boo!
To answer your questions from last week:
1. What do you think about Ben?
- I decided I liked Ben when Ashley dumped him and he said, “Things like this DON’T end on good terms. Good things don’t end, unless they end badly.” I respected him for leaving with his head held high. That was a good moment in Bach history.
- He’s cute, but needs a haircut.
- He’s kissing on too many of the girls. He needs to chillax a bit.
- He doesn’t seem to be under any delusions that he’s going to find everlasting love. He seems to think this whole thing is an “adventure” rather than a way to find a wife. I’m not sure I like this about him. It’s more fun to watch when the person is convinced that their soul mate is there. Like I said above, he’s treating this more like a game show than a show about finding love.
- Overall, I like him just fine, but he’s not my fave.
2. Does Peter make fun of you for watching this?
No, Peter does not make fun of me for watching The Bachelor, or anything else. I like chick stuff, and he likes sports and Shark Week. No judgement either way.