I was informed last week that my blog has become totally lame due to all my seminary posts. Well, only eight more days of seminary (!!!!), so the lame-ness will end soon.
We finished the Doctrine and Covenants and now we’re studying the modern day prophets. This week we learned about Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, Lorenzo Snow, Joseph F. Smith, and other major events between 1844-1918.
Tomorrow we are playing a little review game. I made each student a set of prophets-on-a-stick for the prophets we studied this week. I’ll ask trivia questions about the prophets and the students will hold up the corresponding stick. Large amounts of candy will be involved.
I’m willing to bet my students will consider this a pretty simple game, given the amount of times I’ve shoved this info down their throats. How much do you know?
- Who organized the genealogical society?
- Who was responsible for leading the trek west?
- Who dedicated the Salt Lake Temple?
- Who was the prophet when the Pearl of Great Price was accepted as scripture?
- Who was the prophet for only 3 years?
- What order did the first 6 prophets go in?
- Who was called on a mission at age 15?
- Who sent out the first sister missionary?
- Who said the following: “It matters not whether you or I feel like praying, when the time comes to pray, pray. If we do not feel like it, we should pray till we do. . . . You will find that those who wait till the Spirit bids them pray, will never pray much on this earth.”
- Who saw Jesus Christ in the Salt Lake temple?
- Which prophet died in Kaysville, Utah?
- Who was the prophet when the church became debt free?
- Who began the YM organization?
- Who organized the primary?
- Who was responsible for laying out the city of Salt Lake?
- Who was the prophet for 33 years?
- Who dedicated the Manti Temple?
- Who organized the Sunday School?
- Who was Joseph Smith’s nephew?
- Who was the prophet when the first Book of Mormon was translated into another language?
- Who encouraged saints to remain in their own lands rather than moving to Utah?
- Who was accident prone?
- Who chose the spot for the Salt Lake Temple?
- Who saw Ensign Peak in a vision?
- Who was known for his journals?
- Who began the YW organization?
- Who dedicated the Logan temple?
- Who dedicated the St. George temple?
- Who said the following: “The worst fear I have about this people is that they will get rich in this country, forget God and His people, wax fat, and kick themselves out of the Church and go to hell. This people will stand mobbing, robbing, poverty, and all manner of persecution and be true. But my greatest fear is that they cannot stand wealth.”
- Who started seminary?
- Who declared the first Sunday of the month Fast Sunday?
- Whose father was murdered when he was five years old?
- Who was the prophet when the SL tabernacle was constructed?
- Who was known as “_______ the Faithful.”
- Who was the prophet when the Book of Mormon was translated into Spanish?
- Who received the revelation for Official Declaration 1?
- Who was responsible for sending out the first sister missionaries?
- Who was the prophet during the year of Jubilee?
Answers: 1. Woodruff, 2. Brigham Young, 3. Woodruff, 4. John Taylor, 5. Lorenzo Snow, 6. Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, Lorenzo Snow, Joseph F. Smith, 7. Joseph F. Smith, 8. Lorenzo Snow, 9. Brigham Young, 10. Lorenzo Snow, 11. John Taylor, 12. Joseph F. Smith, 13. Brigham Young, 14. John Taylor, 15. Brigham Young, 16. Brigham Young, 17. Wilford Woodruff, 18. Brigham Young, 19. Joseph F. Smith, 20. Brigham Young, 21. Joseph F. Smith, 22. Wilford Woodruff, 23. Brigham Young, 24. Brigham Young, 25. Wilford Woodruff, 26. Brigham Young, 27. John Taylor, 28. Brigham Young, 29. Brigham Young, 30. Joseph F. Smith, 31. Wilford Woodruff, 32. Joseph F. Smith, 33. Brigham Young, 34. Wilford Woodruff, 35. John Taylor, 36. Wilford Woodruff, 37. Lorenzo Snow, 38. John Taylor