This Easter Alex and Molly brought the twins down for a visit. It was super-duper fun. These are the things we did:
1. Played at the park.
2. Ate at the Grilled Cheese Grill. The girls had a ball driving the bus, and the adults consumed plenty of cheese.
3. Buried magic jelly beans and found beautiful lollipops the next morning.
4. Had an Easter egg hunt.
5. Rented a double surrey and rode along the Willamette river.
6. Happened upon Oscar Nunez. When we went to return our surrey, Oscar Nunez was standing there with his girlfriend. We introduced ourselves and chatted with him for a bit. He even admired the twins.
7. Had a picnic along the river. While we were picnicing, Oscar happened to ride by on his bike. He waved and said hello. That’s right. Oscar Nunez recognized us. He’s practically our friend. 🙂
8. Went shopping with Molly while the boys watched the girls. The main attraction was Bob’s Red Mill where Molly was in heaven.
10. Went to church. Our ward didn’t have an Easter program. I didn’t hear the word “resurrection” at church at all. No choir song either. The primary kids sang, but the program was about the restoration rather than the resurrection.
11. Made and devoured our traditional bunny cake. Eliza dug right in with her fingers, but Zoie didn’t want to eat the bunny. I think she wanted to be friends with the bunny.
12. Ate a ridiculous amount of treats. Including: strawberry lemon bars, oreo cake pops, chocolate pie, Starburst jelly beans, reeses eggs, chocolate muffins, cinnamon banana muffins, asphalt pie, and cinnamon rolls.