- I’ve been watching Ellen (the sitcom, not the talk show). Love it.
- There is a Costa Vida about 20 minutes away from my house!
- Have you all seen this Pie Bar in Provo? Can’t wait to try it.
- My favorite time of day is when I put Henry to bed. He is so sweet and snuggly.
- I’m on the Dirty Diet Coke train. I still prefer regular diet coke, but about once a week I like it dirty just to mix things up. It also helps that Sonic is on every corner around here.
- Dallas has been shut down for two days. We had an ice storm. I do understand that the city doesn’t know how to deal with bad weather because it rarely happens, but the level of panic this has caused it a bit silly. Everything is closed (except Target!). Even church is cancelled for tomorrow!
- I love the Pier1 commercial when the penguin says, “My foot’s smooshed in a cupcake.” Makes me laugh every time.
- I always make a list with all the amounts of each ingredient I will need for Pie Night to be sure I have enough of everything and won’t require a last minute grocery run. This year I used 11 cups of sugar (not including powdered sugar) and 10 sticks of butter.
- Our Christmas tree required 1700 lights.
- I can’t wait until January. I’ve been waiting for January for months. January will be the first month that nothing special will be going on. Can’t wait!
- I have so many things I want to blog about. Henry’s birthday, Pie Night, Lyndsay’s visit, a last minute trip to Utah, Mom’s visit…why can’t I make the time to sit and do it?
- Another reason to look forward to January, The Bachelor starts!
- Pie Night plans are underway. I am having a hard time narrowing down the pies for the menu.
- Last weekend Peter’s grandfather passed away we took a last minute trip to Utah. I’m such a cliche, but I really love Cafe Rio.
- Kerry Washington did a good job on SNL. It was nice to see her do something other than be serious as Olivia Pope.
- I really love OxiClean. I add a scoop to most of my loads of laundry, and I really love the Max Force stain remover. It gets everything out.
- The weather in Texas is finally awesome, but I can’t enjoy it because I’m already dreading next summer.
- We finally got Henry a crib. I settled on the Pottery Barn Kendall after months and months of searching. It’s ok for the price point, but nothing amazing. But I do love the way it looks.
- Is there anyone in the world who orders vanilla ice cream at an ice cream shop? Doubt it.
Bethenny: I’ve been a Bethenny fan from season one of RHONY. I was excited about her new show, but it’s pretty terrible. I was disappointed. I did watch the episode with Martha Stewart. She was so rude! Not a fan of her.
Kris: Speaking of Kris, her show was not good. I only watched a few episodes. I did happen to watch the Kanye episode. It was the most respectable I’ve ever seen him be. He is usually so nuts. Did you see him on Jimmy Kimmel? Straight up crazy.
The Queen Latifah Show: I saw an ad on the side of the bus for this and had to look it up. It was bad. I didn’t even make it through a whole episode. Even Bethanny’s talk show is better than this.
Teen Mom 3: These girls are boring. I hate to say it, but I think this show might need to end. The episode where Katie and Joey got in a fight was so disturbing.
The Crazy Ones: This was really disappointing. I have no clue why Robin Williams would take this on. And co-staring with Buffy?? I totally don’t get it. I made it through 1.5 episodes and cancelled the series from my DVR.
Michael J. Fox Show: Not great, but not bad. I am annoyed that they do the couch sessions like the Office and Modern Family. Why do so many shows have to do that these days? I’m over it.
Betrayal: There is something weird about this show. It’s slow and creepy music and weird and just…weird. We watched three episodes and canceled it from the DVR.
Sean Saves the World: Stupid, but not the stupidest. I made it through three episodes before canceling it.
Welcome to the Family: This is one of the better of the new shows, but it’s still pretty bad. I am a loyal Desperate Housewives fan, so I have to watch this show because Carlos is on it. Plus I love that Gabby is a guest star.
Scandal: This isn’t new, but it’s new to me. I cruised through the first few seasons on Netflix and really liked it. I was all caught up when the new season started, but for some reason watching them each week as they air is boring. This might be a series that is best watched all at once rather than week to week.
The Goldbergs: This is one of my favorite new shows. It’s funny, but the real reason I love it is that it’s based on true events and they show the real footage at the end of each show. Cracks me up.
Lucky 7: This was another one of my favorites after I watched the premier, but then it was canceled after only two episodes. I never even watched the second episode. Seemed pointless.
Trophy Wife: This is the best new comedy this season. The littlest boy is the funniest part of the show.
Hostages: Apparently this is good. I am too scared to watch.
Dads: Stupid. I didn’t even finish the first episode.
- Henry has gotten too old to sleep in my arms. He just won’t do it anymore. It’s depressing.
- This summer really screwed Henry up and he’s still screwed up. He used to sleep through the night beautifully until this summer. Now he wakes up once a night but I don’t mind. We don’t have nearly the same amount of snuggle time that we had when he was teeny-tiny. I enjoy going to get him in the middle of the night and snuggling him and rocking him back to sleep. I might kick myself later, but right now I don’t care.
- Henry naps! Twice a day! Almost every day he takes two naps, and each nap usually lasts at least 30 minutes. It’s SO amazing. I can’t imagine how my life would have been different if he’d done this from the beginning.
- Henry and I go shopping every day and we have since he was about 1.5 weeks old. He has always loved to be out shopping. Just recently it seems like he’s sort of over it. I think he might have realized that crawling around and playing is more fun than being strapped in a shopping cart or stroller shopping. We still go every day, but we can’t go all day like we used to. This year has been so fun, carting him all over town. I think soon I’ll going to have to start spending all my time doing kid things.
- I got a Brazilian Blowout this summer. It was amazing. I can’t wait for my next one.
- I just caught up on Giuliana and Bill. They make me laugh out loud.
- I hate the craft store.
- A few days ago I needed to find the nearest gas station. I have a smart phone and I have a GPS built into my car, so I had two ways to find a gas station at my fingertips. For some reason I decided to pull over and ask a pedestrian. Do people still do that? I think it was weird.
- I’m in season three of Private Practice. I like it.
- One of the worst parts about moving is finding a new person to do my hair. It’s seriously stressful. I get my hair done every 6-8 weeks, and with every move it has taken me at least a year to find someone who can do even an ok job. I’m hoping I can get lucky and find someone faster this time.
- What’s with the bright blue color of BYU’s uniforms this season? I don’t like them.
- I don’t like mini Reeses peanut butter cups at all.
- We don’t have to buy any school supplies this year!
- It took me weeks to finish the Bachelorette. Luckily I stayed away from any spoilers. I wasn’t very satisfied with how things turned out, but I wouldn’t say I was unsatisfied either. I won’t be surprised if they break up, but I also won’t be surprised if they actually get married. I’m mostly a believer in the statement, “You marry who you are dating when you are ready to get married.” I think this may be the case for Des.
- I love the Chick fil a chocolate chip cookies and their new salads are delicious. My fav is the avocado lime ranch dressing on the cobb salad.
- Henry still doesn’t have a crib or any bedroom furniture.
- I’m a Candy Crush player. I also found a jigsaw puzzle app that I love.