- The Office series finale was so great! I laughed and cried and remembered the last nine years fondly. I think they wrapped everything up perfectly.
- The 90210 series finale was just as stupid as the rest of the series. I can’t believe I made it though five years. I’m glad Silver ended up with cancer. SOMETHING bad had to happen!
- Ready For Love is not good. I like the matchmakers, but other than that I like the Bachelor better in every way. Also, I hate that Tim Lopez is one of the contestants. I can’t believe that the girls are genuine about him and not his fame.
- Loving Shark Tank.
- How To Live With Your Parents For The Rest of Your Life is pretty stupid. I like Sarah Chalke (only because of Elliot), so I’ll probably keep watching.
- We like Grimm, but I can’t stand the Juliet storyline. This has been the worst season so far, and I hope they end it soon.
- The Following was good, but it really made me suspicious of the FBI. If they are that incompetent in real life, our country has a problem. And I don’t believe that Joe is really dead.
- People are obsessed with Nashville. I really like it, but I still hate Scarlett’s storyline. I still maintain that Desperate Housewives is a superior series.
- I have no expectation that The Goodwin Games will be very good, but I think it will be entertaining enough for a summer series.
- We are watching Cheers right now. I think it might be one of the best series I’ve ever watched. Watching Sam and Diane break up at the end of season five was heartbreaking for me. We’re just starting season six and I’m not so excited about Kirstie Alley so far.
- The other day I heard a disturbing conversation in the laundry room of my building. A husband and wife were arguing about about cleaning out the lint trap after they finished their load. The husband want to clean it out in order to leave it clean for the next person, and the wife wanted to leave it dirty. They went back and forth about it for a few seconds, and he finally asked her to explain why she was so insistent that he leave it dirty. She said, “Because no one cleans it for me, so I’m not going to clean it for anyone else.” This is the problem with society, no?
- Cherries are the stupidest fruit. They are expensive and they turn your fingernails brown after you spend a million years pitting them. And they don’t taste great.
- Peter got me an awesome waffle iron for Mother’s Day.
Last Mother’s Day, I announced that I was pregnant. I was 16 weeks pregnant at the time. It’s so strange that just one year has passed and now I have a smiling, giggling 6.5 month old baby boy named Henry.
It’s still sort of unreal to me. Sometimes when he’s asleep and I go peek in at him, I’m surprised that he is here and that he is ours.
I really like being Henry’s mom.
(photo by Elizabeth Clark Photography)
- Henry has stopped drooling! I’m so pleased.
- One thing I miss from my pre-baby life is hopping in my car quickly. Now it’s a process to put the baby in, collapse the stroller, etc etc.
- My favorite baby clothes are Gap and H&M. They aren’t expensive, but they wear and wash very well.
- I can’t wait for Henry to have his own room! One bedroom and a baby is a total drag.
- For the past month or so Henry has been napping! His naps begin at 10am and last between 4-60 minutes. I’m not so keen on a four minute nap, but it’s better than no nap at all!
Honey Nut Cheerios, Medley Crunch: I thought this was fairly good, but Peter didn’t like it. He said he’d finish the box, but doesn’t think I should buy it again.
Tostios Artisan Baked Three Cheese Queso chips: Really good! I’m adding these to my chip rotation.
Pretzel Crisps: I bought these after a good Costco sample. Mistake. The bag is huge, and I get sick of them after about five crisps. They are good, but I don’t think I’ll be able to look at another one for a long time.
Archer Farms Pear Gorgonzola Flatbread Pizza: Good, but not enough cheese. But I’ll buy again anyway.
PopCorners: I got the white cheddar variety and I liked it very much.
Smartfood Selects Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn: This stuff is delish, but there are lots of calories for just popcorn, so I probably won’t buy this again.